Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tasmania

Something magic about Tasmania. Volcano defined hills. Sharply defined islands. Sheer cliffs of solid rock. One of the world’s deepest harbors. Ships of all kinds from historic sailing ships to the Queen Victoria side by side at Hobart. Prep place for those going to Antartica. Inland, rolling hills and farms, vineyards and horses. Clear, clean air. Tasmanian devils and wombats. Put it on the list of places to revisit. [About the same population as our Congressional District (PA-16).]

2 comments:

Pam Stiner Lockwood said...

Looks like you are now on your way to Sydney...I can't wait to read about your adventures there! Check out the Bridge Climb for a truly breathtaking way to view the city! You'll also get some pretty amazing views on your way into the Harbour.

Tom Stouffer said...

I think it was February in 1970 when I took my one VN R&R in Sydny -- and Larry flew over from Auckland for a couple day visit...

Enjoy. I'm sure you'll be lots more sober than I was.