Thursday, March 26, 2009

India

After Mumbai

When they say Mumbai is warm and humid, they aren’t kidding. With its 14 million people, the city swarms and traffic is wild. Visited two temples, including the Mahalaxmi temple (goddess of wealth) and one to Ganesha (god of prosperity) - both were busy and flower-filled; a veritable fashion show of saris; stopped by the Gate of India and went into the Taj Mahal Hotel. Drove by many other well-known sites, e.g., Chowpatty Beach, Victoria Terminal. Enough for me; good to see but hard to comprehend. Next port will be a big contrast - Dubai.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Lois - I have been enjoying the reading in your blog. I just received the postcard that you sent me from Japan. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

By the way, Hershey entered into a joint venture with Godrej, a large Indian company. Based on what I heard from co-workers that visited India, I can understand why you say that it is hard to comprehend.