Saturday, April 18, 2009

heading home

The skies are grey and Queen Victoria is returning home to England. Hard to comprehend leaving this ship, which has been such a home to me. I never tired of seeing the sea or had too much day or too much night. Never had enough time to know all the interesting passengers and crew.

Found real friends. Changed my life through serious exercise, thanks to a great personal trainer and excellent spa staff. Been educated and entertained and, of course, fed.

People find things to complain about, but I have few. There is one thing that could be better, i.e., the spa menu, but that’s minor. I think with pleasure of all I have seen and people I’ve met in countries around the world, and I can honestly say the trip was well worth while. I now understand why a world cruise is special.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Dear Lois,
It hardly seems possible that your world cruise is about over. It wasn't that long ago that you told Tom and me what you were planning as we walked in the meadow at Conococheague. It has been such fun following you around the world. I can imagine that some tears will be shed as you leave the Queen Victoria. I imagine, though, that home in Elizabethtown will look mighty good! We look forward to seeing you soon after you return, perhaps to watch the Derby here with us. Have a grand time in your suite as you sail across the Atlantic.
Dean gets home from a trip to Iraq on Monday.

Love,
Deanna